Welcome to Kao Americas University, an online learning site designed to provide Kao USA Inc.’s (“Kao USA”) authorized distributors, sub-distributors, market managers, retailers and their respective salespeople (“Users”) with the latest product information and resources for Kao USA’s mass brands, including but not limited to John Frieda® Hair Care; Jergens and Jergens® Natural Glow Skincare, and Bioré® Skincare (“Content”). This site is to be used by authorized Users for training purposes ONLY in relation to the authorized distribution and sale of Kao USA products (“Services”) and may not to be shared with anyone to whom Kao USA has not directly provided access. Users will be provided material that may or may not be downloaded, copy or distributed as indicated.
License to the User. All Content contained on the site is the copyrighted property of Kao USA or its licensors. Kao USA grants to the User a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the Content in connection with User’s performance of the Services.
User Obligations. User agrees that it will not use the Content for any purpose other than performance of the Services unless it obtains Kao USA’s prior approval for such use, which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld. Any requested use of the Content submitted by the User will be deemed to be rejected by Kao USA unless Kao USA advises the User of the approval in writing (email correspondence accepted) within 5 business days after Kao USA receives the request. The User agrees that it will not use any Content in any form other than that approved by Kao USA. User further agrees as follows:
1. Not to reproduce, copy, or distribute the Content found on this site. However, brand-specific Power Point presentations may be shown during live group training classes but not otherwise duplicated or distributed as handouts. Other approved training handouts can be requested through the Kao USA International Marketing Division.
2. Not to use Content while performing Services for another manufacturer of hair care or skincare products which compete with those manufactured by Kao USA.
3. Not to share Content with another manufacturer of hair care or skincare products which compete with those manufactured by Kao USA.
4. To return Content upon termination of the relationship between User and Kao USA for any reason.
This policy describes how Kao USA may collect and use information you may provide to us while visiting this site. Because this policy may be revised from time to time, we suggest that you check here periodically for policy updates. "We," "us," "our" and “Kao USA” refers collectively to Kao USA Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. “You” or “Your” refers to authorized Users of the site.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information. "Personal information" includes any information identifiable in nature, and may include your name, your address, your e-mail, and your employee or contractor related information.
You may provide us with Personal Information through various methods, including (without limitation):
We may use Personal Information for various purposes, including (without limitation):
• helping to establish and verify the identity of authorized Users;
• opening, maintaining, administering and servicing Users' accounts/log-in credentials;
• processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
• enforcing the terms and conditions of this site or other Kao USA policies and procedures;
• providing services and support to site users;
• improving the site, including tailoring it to Users' preferences;
• providing Users with updates, notices and offers, and other information about Kao USA;
• responding to your questions inquiries, comments and instructions;
• maintaining the security and integrity of the Kao Americas University online learning center system.
We may also employ the use of "cookie" technology. A "cookie" is a small file that we may place on your hard drive to identify you when you visit our site. We use this technology to provide you a more customized browsing experience, and to determine your eligibility to use certain products or services. You may set your browser to refuse the "cookie," but there may be pages on our site you will not be able to access if you do. When you visit our site, we automatically collect data about the type of browser you are using, your domain name (the name of your internet service provider, or your company name), the time and length of your visit, the pages you view and the order in which you view them, and the site you last visited before coming to this site.
We may also collect aggregated data, which is data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined. We may use aggregated data at our discretion.
Use of Personal Information and Other Information
We may engage other companies to perform a variety of functions (collectively, "Related Companies"). Related Companies may use your information only to the extent necessary for these companies to fulfill their functions, and for no other purpose. We will not make your information available to any unrelated business or activity for any reason.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or other legal request, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfill your requests or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or any other investigation related to public safety.
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of this site.
This site is directed toward and designed for use only by persons aged 16 or older. Kao does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we obtained personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is (or who we know to be) under the age of 16, we will delete such information from our systems.
This site employs commercial firewall technology that uses Secure Socket Layer protection and 128-bit encryption to maintain the security of your information. We may assign you a login identification name and password to access the site. We will not disclose such identifying information to any individual without your authorization.